Friday 8 July 2011

Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer Review


The first thing I noticed about this product was the packaging, it comes with a pump which I love its so hygienic. The pump dispenses just the right amount of product. When I first tried this primer I pumped some out on the back of my hand. My first thought when touching it was that it felt very oily. I rubbed it on to the back of my hand. It give my hand such a soft velvet feeling and it wasn't greasy at all which I had expected it to be from when I first touched it. The primer itself is a Matt colourless gel. It has no smell.



The company claims that it will fill in fine lines and deep pores in the skin creating a uniform, Matt silky soft surface enabling the easy and smooth application of foundation. I didn't see any difference in the fine lines under my eyes or my pores but however it did make my skin soft which made my foundation go on so much easier. I also found that my makeup stayed in place longer than it usually would. Also I have normal to dry skin which means I get dry patches on my face usually primers don't help with this much and when I apply my foundation my dry patches become really noticeable but with this primer you cant even see them its like they have disappeared. You get 30ml (1.0 fl oz) in the tube for €14.99. It is pretty expensive for a chemist/drugstore primer but I don't mind paying for this as although it doesn't do everything it claims to do it does make my skin feel silky smooth and makes my makeup last longer. Also Ive very sensitive skin and this did not break me out. If you haven't tried this Id recommend that you do.




Quick view of product review:


Whats the company claims:


The company claims that it will fill in fine lines and deep pores in the skin creating a uniform, Matt silky soft surface enabling the easy and smooth application of foundation.


My opinion:


I didn't see any difference in my fine lines or pores however it did make my skin feel silky. It also made the application of my foundation easier it went on smoothly and it helped my makeup last throughout the day without needing to top it up. I would recommend that you try this primer it is a bit pricey for a chemist/drugstore primer but if you want your foundation to apply easier and last all day its the product for you.


Did I breakout or get any skin reactions from this product?


No I didn't which I'm very happy about as I do have very sensitive skin and break out easily.










Thanks for reading and please follow and if you have any suggestions on how I can improve my blog please feel free to comment also If their is something you would like me to review for you :)

2 comments:

  1. I never use primer....but i just order the e.l.f one so cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to but I find this one helps make my foundation go on easier and less cakey. Let me know how you get on with that? xx

      Delete